We were delighted to welcome over 120 delegates to the HSE & Genio Dementia Briefing 2016 'Integrated Pathways of Dementia Care in Action - Early learning from three acute hospitals in Ireland' on Wednesday 14th December in Dublin.
Below you will find links to podcasts of each of the speakers along with associated slides.
- Event programme available to download.
- You can also see some photos from the day.
- Download HSE & Genio Dementia Programme brochure.
- Download Community Supports Model for People with Dementia.
About this briefing
As part of the HSE & Genio Dementia Programme three hospital projects (St. James's Hospital, Mercy University Hospital and Connolly Hospital) are developing integrated care pathways for people living with dementia to support planned and appropriate access to acute services; to improve their experience while in hospital; and to support their discharge back to the community.
Key topics included:
The hospital projects presented on their progress to date outlining the challenges they have encountered, the responses that have been developed and early learnings on how these initiatives are impacting service delivery for people living with dementia.
- Pathway initiatives supporting diagnosis, quality of experience, hospital avoidance and supported discharge.
- Integrated working approaches between hospital and community.
- The underpinning enablers of education, environmental change and change management.