Alternative respite models
Please note: applications are now closed. The closing date was 5pm, Thursday 9th June, 2011.
Under this grant stream a variety of models may be supported; such as the service user staying within their own home and receiving respite support there; or using existing initiatives such as the Contract Families model, Home Sharing, Host Families or Room to Rent. Projects which are service user/family-led, service provider-led or are provided in mainstream/ community-based settings are all welcome. Applications to increase the provision of cost effective, family and community based respite care, as an alternative to traditional institutional respite models will be assessed according to the following criteria:
1. Collaborative planning between the service user, their family members /carers and service providers to provide community based breaks as and when required
2. Tailored and individualised respite options which support individuals to be part of the community
3. Provision of appropriate natural breaks to service users within an environment of their choosing that will support family /carers to continue to be the main carers
4. Alternative respite provision which:
- Is tailored and individualised to meet the needs of the family and the person
- Supports family-based respite and inclusive living
- Fosters long-lasting relationships with families and friends in the community
- Demonstrates good practice and high standards
5. Availability of matching funding and/or resources to that sought from the Genio Trust.
6. Cost-effectiveness and value for money
7. Financial sustainability beyond the life of the grant
8. Capacity within the organisation to implement proposal.