Genio has received funding from the Atlantic Philanthropies and the HSE to develop and test new service models which will improve the range and quality of community based supports for people with dementia, to influence public policy and investment in this area, and to build the leadership in the field that is necessary in order to capitalise on the potential of the proposed national dementia strategy.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest (EoIs) will be invited from groups or consortia of organisations, agencies and individuals representing stakeholders. Members of each consortium should reflect those with the greatest local knowledge and expertise in delivering the type of community-based support model described in the DRAFT Expressions of Interest guidelines. Please note that the draft guidelines are subject to change before invitations for EoIs are opened online on Friday December 16th.
Essential members of consortia would include;
- Carers and individuals with dementia/representative older people;
- Community groups with a focus on older people;
- Organisations/community groups with a focus on carers and families;
- Voluntary/not-for-profit organisations with a focus on dementia;
- GP(s) and other primary health care providers such as public health nurses, home helps etc.;
- Providers of ‘mainstream’ services for older people, for example, HSE day centres; and
- Other mainstream voluntary and community groups and initiatives.
Desirable members of the consortium include:
- Psychiatrists of Old Age and other mental health professionals; and
- Geriatricians and others from the acute hospital sector involved in the medical care of older people.
Please note that EoIs will NOT be considered from single organisations or individuals.
All relevant HSE areas have been consulted with by a representative from Genio. If you are interested in working with a consortium please contact your Local HSE Manager of Older People's Services.
All dates in this notice are provisional and subject to change. The closing date and other dates will be finalised when the forms for the dementia project EoIs are formally open and the representatives we have met with will be sent all the necessary information.
Expressions of interest process
EoIs must be made on the on-line form at www.genio.ie.
- The link to the form will be published on the Genio website homepage on Friday 16th December 2011.
- The closing date is 5pm, Friday 20th January, 2012.
Only the information submitted in the application form can be considered in the evaluation, therefore care should be taken to include all relevant information in a concise format. Initial screening of all applications submitted will be undertaken by Genio. Only those applications which most closely fit the criteria will be prioritised for further consideration.
- Evaluation of applications may include interviews and applicants must be available for interviews between January 30th and February 3rd 2012.
Shortlisted applications will be reviewed by a Monitoring Group which has members from the Department of Health, the HSE and Genio. Final decisions in relation to grant approval will be made by Trustees of the Genio Trust. We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.