The Genio Trust was established to support innovative projects that positively impact on the lives of people in Ireland who are marginalised in society. Currently we are working in the disability, mental health and dementia fields supported by the Atlantic Philanthropies and in collaboration with the Department of Health, the HSE, and non-governmental advocacy and service-providing organisations.
Since the Genio Trust was established in 2010 as an Irish registered charity (CHY 19312), we have been:
- Securing and combining private and Government investment to scale social innovation that is cost effective and sustainable.
- So far we are operating in the fields of disability, mental health and dementia, supporting 153 innovative projects all over Ireland.
Who is being helped by the projects we support?
To date, projects supported by the Genio Trust have focussed on people with different types of disabilities (intellectual, physical and sensory), people with mental health difficulties and people with dementia.
- Individuals with mild to significant support needs
- All age ranges – from children to older people
- Individuals from around the country in both rural and urban settings
The focus of the Genio Trust
People who experience being marginalised in society are the most important people in achieving the life that’s right for them, supported by their families, friends and communities. We are tapping into, and unleashing their competencies and abilities to enable them to achieve the life that they choose.
The Genio Trust:
- Values all people as equal citizens
- Puts people in the ‘driving seat’ of their own lives
- Gives people the support they need, maximising efficiency and relevance
- Uses tried and tested approaches
- Targets projects that offer value-for-money options without compromising on quality
- Supports implementation of public policy in the interest of people who require social services
“We’re making grants that lead to lasting impact on the everyday lives of individuals across the country. We back projects that are sustainable. We monitor and evaluate all our grants, providing support and guidance to ensure success.” Madeleine Clarke, Founding Director, Genio